BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Department of Land Use Conference Room
New Castle County Government Center
1. 121 Darwin Drive, Newark, DE 19711. Area variance: To maintain an above ground pool 2 feet from the westerly side lot line (6-foot setback) see UDC Section 40.03.410.G. Dustin Scobell. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 9. (App 2018-0557-A) TP 08-054.40-101.
2. 238 Sandra Road, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variance: To construct an open porch 19 feet from the Sandra Road right-of-way (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Robert Neff. NC5 Zoning. CD 2. (App 2018-0541-A) TP 06-090.00-328.
3. 404 Pierce Run, Newark, DE 19702. Area variance: To construct an addition 15 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Srig LLC. S Zoning. CD 11. (App 2018-0575-A) TP 10-043.10-888.
4. 2A Irwin Avenue, New Castle, DE 19720. Area variances: 1. To maintain a 4,000 square foot lot size (5,000-square minimum lot size) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To maintain a 40 foot lot width (50-foot minimum lot width) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To construct a dwelling 7 feet from the Maple Avenue right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Jeff Brown. NC5 Zoning. CD 10. (App 2018-0512-A) TP 10-005.30-043.
5. 1505 Naamans Road, Wilmington, DE 19810. Area variance: To permit a detached Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) on a 1.67 acre lot (2-acre minimum lot size) see UDC Section 40.03.410.H.7. Gregory Fisher Sr. NC21 Zoning. CD 8. (App 2018-0555-A) TP 06-034.00-205.
6. 2805 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variance: To maintain a sign 2 feet from the Concord Pike right-of-way (25-foot setback) see UDC Table 40.06.060. Gene Chen. CN Zoning. CD 2. (App 2018-0571-A) TP 06-077.00-367.
7. 820 Middletown Odessa Road, Middletown, DE 19709. Area variances to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: 1. To disturb 91% of a WRPA Recharge Area (50% maximum disturbance) see UDC Table 40.10.010. 2. To permit 40% impervious coverage in a WRPA Recharge Area (20% maximum impervious coverage) see UDC Section 40.10.160. Vantage Point Retirement Living LLC. NC40 Zoning. CD 12. (App 2018-0538-A) TP 13-023.00-030, 13-023.00-063, 13-023.00-053 – 13-023.00-058.
8. 2110 Concord Pike & 865 Powder Mill Road, Wilmington, DE 19803. Special Use Permit: Special Use Permit to permit a 7-level, 1,595-space parking structure, a 3-level 590-space parking structure and a 2-level 298-space parking structure pursuant to UDC Sections 40.04.320 (Parking Bufferyard Standards), 40.03.528 (Parking Structures) and 40.31.430 (Standards for Special Use Permit). Landmark Science & Engineering. OR Zoning. CD 2. (App 2018-0558-A) TPs 06-100.00-067 & 06-100.00-102.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.