AGENDA *Revised 10/15/20
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, October 15, 2020
In accordance with Governor Carney’s Proclamation and the Declaration of a State of Emergency, New Castle County is holding all public meetings as telephone and video conferences, utilizing Zoom Webinar until further notice.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
ZOOM Webinar log-in beginning at 5:45 P.M. Log-in information for this meeting is as follows:
When: October 15, 2020 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Board of Adjustment Virtual Public Hearing
1. 1266 Hook Drive, Middletown, DE 19709 . Area variance: To maintain a deck 6 feet from the rear property line (11.25-foot setback for decks) see UDC Section 40.04.110.E. Alfred Ndi. S Zoning. CD 12. (App 2020-0503-A) TP 13-019.31-231.
2. 131 Lyndhurst Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variance: To construct an addition 12 feet from the Orchard Drive right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Mark Cather. NC5 Zoning. CD 2. (App 2020-0504-A) TP 06-064.00-183.
3. 318 Oracle Road, Wilmington, DE 19808 . Area variance: To construct an addition 22 feet from the rear property line (40-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Matt Pannell. S Zoning. CD. 2 (App 2020-0505-A) TP 06-021.00-058.
4. 103 Brook Valley Road, Wilmington, DE 19807. Area variance: To maintain a dwelling 25 feet from the Brook Valley Road right-of-way to allow construction of an addition to attach the existing house and detached garage (40-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Michael Neil Kilian. NC15 Zoning. CD 2. (App 2020-0534-A) TP 07-026.00-087.
5. 249 Carlow Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808 . Area variance: To construct an addition 14 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Robert Burton. S Zoning. CD 9. (App 2020-0520-A) TP 08-049.10-100.
6. 121 Exmore Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19805. Area variance: To construct an addition 15 feet from the Exmore Avenue right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Albert Zecca. NC5 Zoning. CD 1. (App 2020-0538-A) TP 07-038.10-279.
7. 4001 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont, DE 19703. *This application has been postponed to a future hearing TBD.
Special Use Permit: Special Use Permit to permit a 3-level, 460-space parking structure pursuant to UDC Sections 40.04.320 (Parking Bufferyard Standards), 40.03.528 (Parking Structures) and 40.31.430 (Standards for Special Use Permit). VanDemark & Lynch, Inc. HI Zoning. CD 8. (App 2020-0391-A) TP 06-072.00-198.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.