AGENDA *REVISED 8/20/20
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, August 20, 2020
In accordance with Governor Carney’s Proclamation and the Declaration of a State of Emergency, New Castle County is holding all public meetings as telephone and video conferences, utilizing Zoom Webinar until further notice.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
ZOOM Webinar log-in beginning at 5:45 P.M. Log-in information for this meeting is as follows:
When: August 20, 2020 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Board of Adjustment Virtual Public Hearing
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 825 0588 7179
1. 33 Midfield Road, New Castle, DE 19720. Area variance: To construct an addition 20 feet from the Midfield Road right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Derek Patrick. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 7. (App 2020-0289-A) TP 10-015.30-212.
2. 10 Tamar Court, Bear, DE 19701. Area variance: To construct an inground pool 32 feet from the Red Lion Road right-of-way (40-street yard setback) UDC Section 40.03.410.G. Rogelio Rodriguez Jr. NC21 Zoning. CD 12 (App 2020-0380-A) TP 12-006.00-222.
3. 104 Montchanin Road, Wilmington, DE 19807. Area variance: To construct a detached accessory structure 6 feet from the northerly side lot line (40-foot side yard setback) see UDC Table 40.03.410.A. Kelly O’Donnell. NC2A Zoning. CD 2. (App 2020-0369-A) TP 07-027.00-054.
4. 38 Decidedly Lane, Bear, DE 19701. Area variance: To construct an addition 34 feet from the Dearborn Lane right-of-way (40-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Shawn McCoy. NC21 Zoning. CD 6. (App 2020-0381-A) TP 11-041.40-031.
5. 119 Ponds Lane, Wilmington, DE 19807. Area variances: 1. To maintain a dwelling 22 feet from the Ponds Lane right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To maintain a dwelling 19 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To maintain a deck 2 feet from the rear property line (12.5-foot setback for decks) see UDC Section 40.04.110.E. 4. To construct an addition 17 feet from the Ponds Lane right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 5. To construct an addition 22 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Dan Johnson. NC15 Cluster Option Zoning. CD 2. (App 2020-0396-A) TP 07-027.30-084.
*6. 30 Executive Drive, Bear, DE 19701. *This application has been continued to a future hearing date to be determined.
Area variance: To permit 1 additional wall identification sign (1 wall or ground identification sign per principal use) see UDC Table 40.06.060. Keyser Industries. BP Zoning. CD 11. (App 2020-0382-A) TP 11-017.00-047.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.