BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, May 27, 2021
In accordance with Governor Carney’s Proclamation and the Declaration of a State of Emergency, New Castle County is holding all public meetings as telephone and video conferences, utilizing Zoom Webinar until further notice.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
ZOOM Webinar log-in beginning at 5:45 P.M.
Log-in information for this meeting is posted below.
1. 212 W. Moyer Drive, Bear, DE 19701 . Area variance: To construct an addition 20 feet from the rear property (30-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Sean Lakins. NC10 Zoning. CD 12. (App 2021-0253-A) TP 11-033.20-074.
2. 705 Greenbank Road, Wilmington, DE 19808 . Area variances: 1. To maintain a dwelling 12 feet from the Orsini Lane right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To maintain a shed 1 foot from the rear property line (3-foot setback for detached accessory structures) UDC Section. 40.03.410.A. 3. To maintain a shed 1 foot from the northerly side lot line (3-foot setback for detached accessory structures) UDC Section. 40.03.410.A. 4. To maintain 38% coverage of the rear yard with maintaining existing detached accessory structures (30% maximum rear yard coverage) see UDC Section 40.03.410.A. 5. To maintain paving 0 feet from the rear property line (2-foot paving setback) see UDC Section 40.04.110.E. James Colombo. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 9. (App 2021-0251-A) TP 08-039.10-151.
3. 524 Buck Tavern Drive, Middletown, DE 19709 . Area variance: To construct an addition 18 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. EZ Deck. S Zoning. CD 12. (App 2021-0260-A) TP 13-007.10-027.
4. 200 Happy Lane, Newark, DE 19711 . Area variances to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: 1. To permit paving 0 feet from the rear property line (10-foot other yard paving setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To permit paving 0 feet from the Happy Lane right-of-way (40-foot street yard paving setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To permit 0 open space plant units (5 plant units per acre required) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A. 4. To permit a 0.3 bufferyard opacity along the Ruthar Drive right-of-way (0.5 bufferyard opacity required) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A. 5. To permit a 0.0 bufferyard opacity along the Happy Lane right-of-way (0.5 bufferyard opacity required) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A. 6. To maintain 0 street trees along the Happy Lane right-of-way (5 street trees required) see UDC Table 40.04.111.C. Sunbelt Rentals. I Zoning. CD 9. (App 2020-0730-A) TP 09-016.00-020. (continued from March 18, 2021).
5. 425 Stanton Christiana Road, Newark, DE 19713 . Area variance: To permit a 46-foot tall telecommunication monopole 3 feet from the Stanton Christiana Road right-of-way (15.3-foot setback required (1/3 height of tower)) see UDC Section 40.03.326.G. New Cingular Wireless, PCS, LLC. CR Zoning. CD 1 (App 2021-0217-A) TP 09-018.00-026.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.