BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Department of Land Use Conference Room
New Castle County Government Center
87 Reads Way, New Castle
1. 202 Chestnut Avenue, Newark, DE 19711. Area variance: To maintain an enclosed porch 13 feet from the rear property line (15-foot reduced rear setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Ward & Taylor LLC. NC5 Zoning. CD 9. (App. 2018-0009-A) TP 08-054.30-170.
2. 425 Garland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variance: To construct an addition 6 feet from the Lakewood Drive right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. NT Building Inc. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 8. (App. 2018-0010-A) TP 06-093.00-156.
3. 104 Oxford Place, Wilmington, DE 19803. Area variance: To construct an open porch 8 feet from the rear property line (30-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. John & Sylvia Dorsey. NC10 Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2018-0026-A) TP 06-128.00-078.
4. 3834 Old Capitol Trail, Wilmington, DE 19808. Area variances: 1. To permit three apartments in a single-family dwelling through the apartment conversion process see UDC Section 40.03.304. 2. To maintain a 3,175 square foot dwelling (4,000 square foot minimum) see UDC Section 40.03.304.D. 3. To provide a 0.0 bufferyard opacity around the parking area along the southerly side lot line (0.1 minimum bufferyard opacity) see UDC Section 40.03.304.G. 4. To provide a 0.0 bufferyard opacity around the parking area along easterly side lot line (0.1 minimum bufferyard opacity) see UDC Section 40.03.304.G. Keith Mushinski. NC 5 Zoning. CD9. (App. 2018-0012-A) TP 08-045.10-182.
5. 130 Four Seasons Parkway, Newark, DE 19702. Area variance to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: To maintain 97 parking spaces (108 parking spaces required) see UDC Table 40.03.522. Martuscelli Investment Assoc. CN Zoning. CD 11. (App. 2018-0011-A) TP 11-017.40-169.
6. 280 Middletown Odessa Road, Middletown, DE 19709. Area variances to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: To permit a maximum gross floor area ratio of 0.44 (0.23 maximum gross floor area ratio) see UDC Table 40.04.110.A. Vantage Point Retirement Living, LLC. NC40 Zoning. CD 12. (App. 2018-0014-A) TP 13-023.00-030, 13-023.00-053 – 13-023.00-058.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.