A cold case homicide is defined as a homicide investigation that has been forwarded to the Cold Case Homicide Squad after all investigative leads have been exhausted by the primary investigator.
The Cold Case Homicide Squad was created in 2014 to review, analyze and investigate homicide cases with an inactive or open status. The Cold Case Homicide Squad continues investigations through reviewing evidence, re-interviewing witnesses, and conducting new interviews. The Cold Case Homicide Squad is dedicated to delivering justice and closure for the victims and their families.
The Detective will review and prioritize cases according to the likelihood of solvability. Some of the following factors that will be considered when prioritizing a case include:
- New leads or information has been received on the case.
- Soliciting/re-interviewing cases with no leads.
- The availability and willingness of witnesses involved in the investigation.
- Advancement of technology related to evidence collected during the investigation.
- Change in status of persons of interest or suspect (incarcerated on unrelated charges).
- Status of evidence related to the investigation.
To provide information on any cold case, please contact:
Detective Brian Shahan at (302) 395-2781 or via email at BShahan@nccde.org or Retired Sergeant Glenn Davis at (302) 395-8216 or via email.
You can submit a tip via our website at www.nccpd.com. Tipsters may also call Crime Stoppers at 800- TIP-3333, visit their website www.Delaware.crimestoppersweb.com, or visit us on Facebook at New Castle County Police Department.