Resource Protection Area Technical Advisory Committee
Information Regarding Virtual Public Meetings and Hearings:
In accordance with 29 Del. C. Section 10001 et.al., all Public Hearings will be held as virtual meetings utilizing Zoom Webinar. The Multipurpose Room of the James H. Gilliam, Jr. Building located at 67 Reads Way will be accessible during scheduled hearing times for members of the public to attend virtual meetings in-person. The appropriate weblink, call-in number(s) and webinar ID number for all hearings may be found approximately two (2) business days prior to the scheduled hearing date at the top of the appropriate meeting *agenda.
*NOTE: Up-to-date public hearing agendas including Zoom meeting log-in information are available in our Agenda Center and through the Meeting Schedule links below.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
Note for Applicants only:
Applicants must submit presentation materials electronically to the Department of Land Use no less than five (5) business days prior to the scheduled public hearing. Please email us with any questions.
Regular Meetings (Public Hearings)
- 9:30 a.m.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month (Note: dates, times and/or locations of meetings and hearings are subject to change.)
- New Castle County Government Center
New Castle Room
87 Read’s Way
New Castle, DE 19720
- Ellie Mortazavi (NCC Department of Public Works – GM Surles’ designee)
- S. Douglas Hokuf, Jr., PE (Department of Land Use – GM Hall’s designee)
- Lori Athey, R.L.A. (Environmental Advocacy Group)
- Joshua Kasper, P.G. (DNREC)
- Stephanie Baxter (DGS)
- Marian Young (Chamber of Commerce), Committee Chair
- Andrew Hayes, P.E., R.L.A., C.E.R.P. (Private Sector Representative)
- Daniel Konstanski (Water Company Representative)
- Gerald Kauffman, P.E. (U of D, WRA)
- Kevin Donnelly (New Castle Conservation District)
- Rick Beringer, P.E. (Private Sector Environmental Professional)
- Michael Ellis, P.E. (Consulting Engineers’ Council)
- One vacancy (Chemical Industry Representative)
About the Committee
There are 13 members on the Resource Protection Area Technical Advisory Committee (RPATAC). Members are appointed by the county executive to four-year terms. The chairperson is designated by the county executive.
As stated in Section 40.30.430 of the New Castle County Code, the purposes and duties of the RPATAC are to:
- Provide technical support and recommendations to the (Land Use) Department concerning the technical definition and criteria of any resource protection area.
- Advise the Department when the RPATAC determines that performance standards should be amended.
- Provide technical support and recommendations to the Board of Adjustment concerning any application made to that Board.
- Advise the Department when the RPATAC determines that this division, or any regulations promulgated pursuant to this division, should be amended.
- Assist the Department as requested.