Parks Permits

Thank you for your interest in New Castle County parks. The Parks Permits office is glad to be of service to New Castle County patrons seeking reservations for pavilions, sports fields and courts, and/or special events. Please review all policies, procedures, and attachments to assist you in the rental process, applicable for the 2019 rental season.

Permits are required within New Castle County parks

  • For all organized events with attendance of fifteen (15) or more
  • For organized use of pavilions, open spaces, and/or athletic fields

All permits for reservations within New Castle County parks

  • Are for the permitted rental season April 1st to October 31st
  • Are issued on a first come, first serve basis after application and full payment are received
  • Must be approved by the Parks Permits office a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to an event. Approval is at the sole discretion of the Parks Permits office.
  • Can only be changed, cancelled, or added upon by the permittee. Any changes, cancellations, and additions must be submitted to the Parks Permits Office in writing.

General notices

  • Police coverage, traffic control, additional parking, and emergency support may be required at the discretion of the Parks Permits office. Permittee is responsible for paying any and all additional costs associated with additional services.
  • Our office is happy to offer a 20% discount to nonprofit organizations when appropriate 501C3 is submitted with a request.
  • While music is still permitted, DJs and live music are no longer allowed in New Castle County parks without written permission from the Parks Permits office.
  • Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances are prohibited on County Parkland.
  • Parking and/or driving on the grass and/or walking path(s) is prohibited.
  • Admission fees or fees for rented games/booths may not be charged in County parks.
  • Distribution of any educational or religious materials is restricted to event attendees only.
  • Permit holder/park users must adhere to all rules and regulations contained within New Castle County, Delaware, Code of Ordinances Chapter 24 - PARKS AND RECREATION.
  • A $25 non-resident fee will be charged for all reservations made under an address outside of New Castle County.


We offer pavilions at the following sites: Banning Park, Becks Pond, Brandywine Springs Park, Glasgow Regional Park, Iron Hill Park, Paper Mill Park, Talley Day Park, Weiss Park, Woodshaven Kruse. All sites have picnic tables and grills. We offer single day, single permittee rentals at pavilions from 10:00am to 8:00pm. Pavilions are the only sites that may be reserved online. Permittees who reserve pavilions with indoor restrooms should be reminded that they will need to come into our office to pick up the rental key during the week prior to their event. We require a $50 exact cash deposit at the time of key exchange. This deposit is refundable to you after your event at the discretion of the Parks Permits office. A Special Event application is required for events with attendance over the permitted amount and/or at the discretion of the Parks Permits office.

Special Events, Walks, and 5Ks

A Special Event application is required for all events within New Castle County parks. A Special Event application may be required in addition to other applications at the discretion of the Parks Permits office. If the event is advertised and/or open to the public, a Special Event application is required. Permittee is responsible for paying the $250 Special Event fee as well as any and all additional costs associated with Special Events. Payment of a $100 nonrefundable deposit as well as full payment of any other rental fees (for a pavilion, field, court, etc.) must be submitted upon request.

Sports Fields and Courts

We offer rentals for sports fields and courts at many sites throughout New Castle County. Full payment must be submitted upon request for any request that totals less than $100 in rental fees. For requests that total more than $100 in rental fees, a $100 nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit is required at the time of request. Lights are available at some sites at a fee of $20 per hour per field/court.

There are three (3) ways to make a reservation:


Pavilions are the only sites that may be reserved online. Instructions on how to use our website can be viewed below. You may also go directly to to log in to your account. You may pay using a credit card on the secure site.


The Parks Permits office is located in the Gilliam Building at 67 Reads Way in New Castle, Delaware, 19720. The Gilliam Building is located in New Castle Corporate Commons between the New Castle County Government Center and the Wilmington University Wilson Graduate Center, across the street from Discover. There is a large, white “67” on our door. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Our office does not process requests after 3:30pm.

Via email or fax

You may download and print all required forms from this webpage. Completed forms can be sent via fax to (302) 395 5650. Our fax machine is located in a secure, locked room. Completed forms can also be scanned and emailed to Please send all email correspondence to so that the first available employee is able to assist you. Only the Parks Permits department has access to this fax number and email so that the payment information you list on your application is protected. We shred all payment information after processing unless otherwise requested.

Please contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have. We are glad to be of service.