Historic Review Board
INFORMATION REGARDING VIRTUAL PUBLIC MEETINGS:
In accordance with Governor Carney’s recently issued Proclamation, coupled with the Governor’s Declaration of a State of Emergency, the Department of Land Use is now holding all public hearings and meetings in a "virtual" format as a telephone and video conference, utilizing Zoom Meetings. Members of the public wishing to join any Land Use Board public hearing or other public meeting may do so by utilizing a link or phone number(s) and the appropriate meeting ID. This information will be specified on the appropriate *Public Hearing/Meeting Agenda approximately two (2) business days prior to the scheduled hearing date. *NOTE: Up-to-date public hearing agendas are available in our Agenda Center and through the Meeting Schedule links below.
Additional information regarding Virtual Public Meetings may be found at: Virtual Meetings-Land-Use
The health, safety, and well-being of our residents, customers and employees is of the highest priority for the New Castle County Department of Land Use. Please see our Coronavirus Policy below that is now in effect. Read on...
Regular Meetings (Public Hearings)
- 5 p.m.
- Business meetings held the first Tuesday of the month
- Public hearings held the third Tuesday of the month
- Note: dates, times and/or locations of meetings and hearings are subject to change.
- New Castle County Government Center
87 Read’s Way
New Castle, DE 19720
- Barbara E. Benson, PhD, Chair
- Karen Anderson, AIA, LEED BD+C
- John T. Brook, Esq.
- John R. Davis, PE
- Stephen L. Johns, PE, PLS
- Paresh (Perry) Patel, MBA, CHA
- Barbara H. Silber, MA, RPA
- Rafael X. Zahralddin-Aravena, Esq.
- One vacancy
The Historic Review Board makes recommendations and delineations for historic district boundaries, maintains a survey of historic properties, and reviews permits relative to historic properties. For the exact language defining the board’s responsibilities, please see Section 40.30.330 of the Unified Development Code. Members are appointed by the county executive and County Council.
- UDC articles 30, 15, 31
- IBC - Sections dealing with demolition and historic structures and permits for historic structures
- Certification agreement between the State of Delaware and New Castle County, effective September 16, 1986, conferring on the County Certified Local Government Status
- Guidelines for implementation of a certified local government program in Delaware
For more information on Historic Preservation, visit our Historic Planning page.