The Department of Land Use will hold a thirty (30) day public comment period on proposed revisions to the Appendix of Chapter 6, Building Code, of the New Castle County Code. Read on...
The Department of Land Use will hold a public comment period on proposed revisions to Appendix 2 of Chapter 40, Unified Development Code, of the New Castle County Code. Read on...
- First Tuesday of the month
- James Gilliam Building Multi-purpose Room
67 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720
- Meetings start at 7 p.m.
- Public comments welcome
- Third Tuesday of the month
- New Castle County Government Center 87 Read's Way, New Castle, DE 19720
- Meetings start at 9 a.m.
- There is no public comment period at business meetings
- Karen Peterson, Chairperson
- Leone Cahill-Krout
- Joseph Daigle
- William V. McGlinchey
- Darryl Parson
- Erlinda Porras-Papili
- Robert Snowden
- Ruth Visvardis
- Kiana Williams
The New Castle County Planning Board is a nine member public board, mandated by state law, that is responsible for reviewing proposed changes to zoning, subdivision regulations, deed restrictions, and the Comprehensive Development Plan. Deed restriction changes refer only to those deed restrictions to which New Castle County is a party or a beneficiary. This does not include community deed restrictions. Following review and a public hearing, the board issues recommendations on these proposals which are provided to County Council prior to their taking action.
The Planning Board is also tasked with rendering a final decision on subdivision variances and appeals of Land Use Department interpretations of subdivision regulations. These are also discussed at a public hearing and testimony is taken before the board acts to render a decision.
Standards by which the Planning Board makes recommendations and decisions may be found in the following sections of the Unified Development Code:
- Amendments – 40.31.420
- Deed Restriction Change Applicability and Procedures – 40.31.130
- Subdivision Appeals – 40.31.512
- Subdivision Variances – 40.31.452
- Zoning Map Amendments – 40.31.410