Park Rental Permits
The Permit Office is now open to public, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm. Masks are required inside all County buildings and facilities. Please note:
New Castle County encourages the public to follow all State guidelines regarding COVID.
Thank you for your interest in New Castle County parks. The Parks Permits office is glad to be of service to New Castle County patrons seeking reservations for pavilions, sports fields and courts, and/or special events. Please review all policies, procedures, and attachments to assist you in the rental process, applicable for the 2020 rental season.
All permits for reservations within New Castle County parks are for the permitted rental season April 1st to October 31st and are issued on a first-come, first-served basis after an application and full payment are received.
Permit requests must be approved by the Parks Permits office a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to an event. Approval is at the sole discretion of the Parks Permits office and can only be changed, canceled, or added to by the permittee. Any changes, cancellations, and additions must be submitted to the Parks Permits Office in writing.
- Police coverage, traffic control, additional parking, and emergency support may be required at the discretion of the Parks Permits office. The permittee is responsible for paying any and all additional costs associated with additional services.
- Our office is happy to offer a 20% discount to nonprofit organizations when a qualifying 501(c)(3) documentation is submitted with the request.
- Amplified sound is not permitted in New Castle County Parks.
- Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances are prohibited on County Parkland.
- Parking and/or driving on the grass and/or walking path(s) is prohibited.
- Admission fees or fees for rented games/booths may not be charged in County parks.
- Distribution of any educational or religious materials is restricted to event attendees only.
- The permit holder/park users must adhere to all rules and regulations contained within New Castle County, Delaware, Code of Ordinances Chapter 24 - PARKS AND RECREATION.
- A $25 non-resident fee will be charged for all reservations made under an address outside of New Castle County.
Park rental types for New Castle County ParksLink to page
Park Permit Application
Application to request a permit for New Castle County park rentalsLink to page
Requirements for Additional Items
Requirements for the use of items such as moon bounces, inflatables, games, concessions, etc.Link to page
Contact Info & Resources
Contact information for the Parks permit office and other resourcesLink to page