Celebrating Community through Art
NCC heARTed is a community art contest and pop up art show bringing together New Castle County residents and visitors including New Castle County employees, students, teachers and families to share what we love most about our community through art!
It is easy to participate!
Create a piece of art that shows us why you love your community. All forms of art are welcome!
Once you have a piece you want to share snap a picture of it.
Submit the image of your artwork, along with a completed art waiver by May 8.
Here is how:
In the email include the Adult or Youth Art Waiver, full name, email and phone number. A parent or guardian must complete the Youth Art Waiver if the artist is under the age of 18. The digital image must have a resolution of at least 200-300dpi. Please include NCC heARTed in the subject line.
Other things to note:
If you do not want your name displayed, please indicate this when submitting your work.
If you are one of the chosen artists to display an original piece of art, The Art Studio will contact you.
Adult Art Waiver [PDF]
Youth Art Waiver [PDF]
All submitted pieces will be printed as a postcard and displayed at the pop up art show.
Winners in the following age groups will receive a prize and asked to display their work in its original form.
Adult: Ages 19+
Teen: Ages 13-18
Child: Ages 12 and under
Come celebrate with us and find your postcard at the pop up art show on Friday, June 5 from 4-7 p.m. at the Glasgow Park Bank Barn.
Here are some ideas to get you started thinking about what you love most about your New Castle County community! A picture of a finished piece of art from a class you took, a collage you made during summer camp or a sketch of your favorite horse.
$100 Amazon Gift Card
$75 Jerry’s Artarama Gift Card
$50 Jerry’s Artarama Gift Card
Congratulations to our 2019 winners!
Art Therapy Express, Ted Sammons, Wan San Chen, Jordan McConnell, Ritisha Sarbajna
- All artwork submitted must be appropriate for all audiences. New Castle County has the right to use discretion when accepting artwork.
- All submissions must be original art and submitted digitally.
- One submission per person.
- If you are under the age of 18, we require a signed parent/guardian release with your submission.
- Art may also be showcased on the New Castle County website, social media outlets, used in future program marketing or in future Happenings Guides.
- The image may be cropped to fit within printing dimensions.
- Digital submissions become property of The New Castle County Government. Once the piece is submitted with the Art Waiver New Castle County has permission for use of the art to be used solely for the purposes of New Castle County in promotional materials and publications, including the New Castle County website and social media. All materials submitted become the property of New Castle County. All individual contributors for this program retain the right to submit their work for non-exclusive publication elsewhere.