BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
*Thursday, September 14, 2017 (Postponed - please see below)
Department of Land Use Conference Room
New Castle County Government Center
87 Reads Way, New Castle
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS HEARING HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL OCTOBER 12, 2017.
1. 3604 Old Capitol Trail, Wilmington 19808. Area variance to permit an accessory structure with a gross floor area (GFA) larger than the square footage footprint of the principal dwelling on a lot less than 1 acre: To construct an accessory structure with a GFA of 1,728 square feet on a property with a principal dwelling with a square footage footprint of 740 square feet (On lots less than one (1) acre, the gross floor area of any one (1) freestanding accessory structure shall not exceed the square footage footprint of the principal dwelling unit.) see UDC Section 40.03.410.A.6. James DeNardo. NC5 Zoning. CD 1. (App. 2017-0500-A) TP 07-037.30-047.
2. 0 Wrangle Hill Road, Bear 19701. Area variance: To construct a 40 square foot subdivision identification sign (20-square foot maximum sign area) see Section 40.06.040.A.11 of the UDC. Bartush Signs, Inc. NCPUD Zoning. CD 12. (App. 2017-0503-A) TP 11-028.10-130.
3. 1312 Goldeneye Drive, New Castle 19720. Area variance: To maintain pool equipment 2 feet from the easterly side lot line (6-foot setback for pools and all related appurtenances) see UDC Section 40.03.410.G. Dustin Gacon. NC21 CL (Cluster Development) Zoning. CD 7. (App. 2017-0501-A) TP 10-034.30-153.
4. 1106 Greenway Road, Wilmington 19803. Area variances: 1. To maintain a dwelling 28 feet from the rear property line (40-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To construct an addition 15 feet from the rear property line (40-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. David W. Fleming. NC15 Zoning. CD 8. (App. 2017-0499-A) TP 06-081.00-102.
5. 2201 Farrand Drive, Wilmington 19808. Area variances: 1. To permit 287 parking spaces (328 parking spaces required) see UDC Table 40.03.522. 2. To maintain paving 1 foot from the Farrand Drive right-of-way (25-foot paving setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To maintain paving 5 foot from the Old Capitol Trail right-of-way (25-foot paving setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 4. To maintain a 0.14 Landscape Surface Ratio (LSR) (0.2 LSR required) see UDC Table 40.04.110.A. 5. To maintain a 0.0 bufferyard opacity along the Farrand Drive right-of-way (0.4 bufferyard opacity) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A. 6. To maintain a 0.0 bufferyard opacity along the Kirkwood Highway right-of-way (0.4 bufferyard opacity) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A. 7. To maintain a 0.0 bufferyard opacity along the Old Capitol Trail right-of-way (0.4 bufferyard opacity) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A 7. To maintain a 0.0 bufferyard opacity along the easterly property line (0.5 bufferyard opacity) see UDC Table 40.04.111.A Robert Stella. CR Zoning. CD 9. (App. 2017-0505-A) TP 08-044.20-071.
6. 5725 Kennett Pike, Wilmington 19807. Confirmation of a nonconforming use and Special Use Permit to mitigate a nonconforming use: To maintain an existing nonconforming commercial use in a residential zoning district; to permit the continued and future use as assembly, retail, and office uses. See UDC sections 40.08.300, 40.08.400 and 40.31.430 Robert Oliver. NC15, Hometown Overlay & Historic Overlay Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2017-0474-A) TP 07-007.00-107.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.