BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, August 10, 2017
Department of Land Use Conference Room
New Castle County Government Center
87 Reads Way, New Castle
1. 306 Mary Ann Drive, Wilmington 19804. Area variances: 1. To maintain paving 0 feet from the northerly side lot line (2-foot paving setback) see UDC Section 40.04.110.E.1. Teresa E. Rubincam. NC6.5 Zoning. CD 1. (App. 2017-0438-A) TP 07-043.10-528.
2. 8 West Greenbriar Road, Wilmington (Ardencroft) 19810. Area variances: 1. To maintain a dwelling 28 feet from the rear property line (30-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To maintain a dwelling 16 feet from the rear property line (30-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To maintain a dwelling 6 feet from the easterly side lot line (8-foot side yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 4. To construct a deck 9 feet from the rear property line (15-foot setback for a deck) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Patrick Toman. NC10 Zoning. CD 8. (App. 2017-0388-A) TP 29-001.00-535.
3. 500 Stanton Christiana Road, Newark 19713. Area variances to construct new signage at the JP Morgan Chase office campus: 1. To permit an additional ground identification sign (one wall or ground identification sign permitted) see UDC Table 40.06.060.2 2. To construct 10, 15 square foot ground instructional signs (4 square feet maximum sign area for instructional signs) see UDC Section 40.06.040.A.2. Philadelphia Sign Company. NCPUD Zoning (Processed as OR Zoning). CD 1. (App. 2017-0437-A) TP 09-018.00-037.
4. 11 N. Maryland Avenue, Wilmington 19804. Area variances: 1. To construct a ground sign 13 feet from the N. Maryland Avenue right-of-way (25-foot setback) see UDC Table 40.06.060.2 Tupp Signs, Inc. CN Zoning. CD 1. (App. 2017-0453-A) TP 07-043.10-381.
5. 3000 Fashion Center Boulevard, Newark 19702. Area variances: 1. To permit three shopping center identification signs along the Center Boulevard right-of-way a (1 shopping center identification sign permitted per street frontage) see UDC Table 40.06.060.2 Tupp Signs, Inc. CR Zoning. CD 1. (App. 2017-0454-A) TP 09-030.00-082.
6. 1047 Red Lion Road, New Castle 19720. Special Use Permit to permit the continued use of a Veterinary Hospital: 1. Special Use permit to permit an Agricultural Support and Other Rural Services use in the Suburban Zoning District to permit the continued use of a Veterinary Hospital see UDC Sections 40.03.314 & 40.31.430. Luke Jones, V.M.D. S Zoning. CD 7. (App. 2017-0439-A) TPs 10-049.00-041.
7. 190 Salem Church Road, Wilmington 19713. Special Use Permit and variances to permit two (2) 33 foot tall cell towers: 1. Special Use permit to permit two (2) 33 foot tall cell towers see UDC Sections 40.03.326 & 40.31.430. 2. To permit a cellular tower within 690 feet of another cellular tower (1-mile radius requires) see Section 40.03.326.D. 3. To permit a cell tower 350 feet from a residential use (500 foot minimum distance required for a residential use) See UDC Section 40.03.326.A. 4. To permit a cell tower 95 feet from a residential use (500 foot minimum distance required for a residential use) See UDC Section 40.03.326.A. Jonathan A. Jordan Esq. S Zoning. CD 11. (App. 2017-0386-A) TPs 09-028.00-058.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.