BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Department of Land Use Conference Room
New Castle County Government Center
87 Reads Way, New Castle
*NOTE: This meeting is not affected by the early closing of
the Department of Land Use and will take place as scheduled.
1. 404 Caledonia Way, Townsend 19734. Area variance: To construct an enclosed porch 12.5 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Robert Smith. S Zoning. CD 12. (App. 2017-0299-A) TP 14-013.31-108.
2. 309 Belmont Avenue, Wilmington 19804. Area variance: To construct an open porch 18 feet from the Overland Avenue right-of-way (25-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. William J. Betts. NC5 Zoning. CD 1. (App. 2017-0304-A) TP 07-038.40-019.
3. 2530 Shipley Road, Wilmington 19810. Area variance: To construct a detached garage 15 feet from the rear property line with a maximum height of 24 feet (40-foot street yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Joseph Czachorowski. S Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2017-0303-A) TP 06-041.00-230.
4. 1824 & 1826 Newport Avenue, Wilmington 19808. CONTINUED TO A FUTURE HEARING DATE.
This application will not be considered at the June 8, 2017 hearing.
Area variances: 1. To maintain a 30.72 foot lot width for Lot 1 (40-foot minimum lot width) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. To maintain a 23.72 foot lot width for Lot 2 (40-foot minimum lot width) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 3. To maintain a 3,597 square foot lot size for Lot 2 (4,000 square foot minimum lot size) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 4. To construct a dwelling 2.5 feet from the easterly side lot line on Lot 2 (6-foot side yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Jalf Limited Partnership. NCSD (Semi-Detached) Zoning. CD 1. (App. 2017-0300-A) TPs 07-041.10-037 & 07-041.10-038.
5. 1400 Foulk Road (Brandywine High School), Wilmington 19803. Area variances: 1. To permit a second identification sign (1 wall or ground identification sign permitted), see UDC Table 40.06.060.1 2. To construct a 70 square foot ground sign with a 35 square foot EVMS (Electronic Variable Motion Sign) portion (20-square foot maximum sign area), see UDC Table 40.06.060.1 3. To construct a ground sign 7 feet from the Foulk Road right-of-way (20-foot setback) see UDC Table 40.06.060.1. 4. To construct a 281 square foot wall sign (20-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060.1. ABHA Architects S Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2017-0238-A) TP 06-079.00-133.
6. 3901 Concord Pike, Wilmington 19803. Area variance: To construct a ground sign with a 32 square foot EVMS portion 9 feet from the Concord Pike right-of-way (40-foot setback), see UDC Table 40.06.060.3. HES Sign CN Zoning. CD 2. (App. 2017-0298-A) TP 06-064.00-229.
7. 2201 & 2225 Hessler Boulevard, New Castle 19720. Area variance: To permit an additional 50 square feet of sign area for an off-premise advertising sign (672 maximum square footage), see UDC Table 40.06.070.C. HES Sign. CR & I Zoning. CD 10. (App. 2017-0297-A) TP 10-005.00-026 & 10-005.00-001.
8. 150 Buckley Boulevard, Bear 19701. Area variances: 1. To provide a 0.0 bufferyard opacity along the westerly property line (0.1 bufferyard opacity) see UDC Table 40.04.111.B. 2. To provide a 0.12 Landscape Surface Ratio (LSR) (0.25 Landscape Surface Ratio) see UDC Table 40.04.110.A. Hertrich Properties, LLC. CR Zoning. CD 7. (App. 2017-0301-A) TP 10-039.20-248.
9. 6515 Governor Printz Boulevard, Wilmington 19809. Area variances: 1. To provide paving 0 feet from the rear property line (10-foot paving setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. 2. to provide a 0.557 bufferyard opacity along the rear property line (0.6 bufferyard opacity) see UDC Table 40.04.111.B 4. To disturb 0.22 acres of the Riparian Buffer Area (RBA) (100% protection level) see UDC Table 40.10.010 5. To permit required reforestation outside of the Riparian Buffer Area (RBA) (reforestation shall be located within the RBA) see UDC Section 40.10.126. Mill Brook Engineering, LLC. I Zoning. CD8. (App. 2017-0302-A) TP 06-125.00-037.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.