Required for Out-of-State service in New Castle County
1. Praecipe (instruction letter)
Who are we serving?
Where are we serving it?
When does it need to be served by?
2. Plaintiff/Law Firm contact information(Name, Address, Phone #, Email Address)
3. **Documents to be served**
4. Blank Affidavit of Service, if required by their State’s Court.
5. Self-Addressed Postage Paid Return Envelope.
6. Payment for service must be in Certified Funds or from Law Firm’s Account. (Money Order, Cashier’s Check - No personal checks)
7. Send to NCC Sheriff’s Office, Attn. Out of State, 800 N. French St. 5th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801
8. Fee - $75, 1 Defendant at 1 Address. $5 for each Defendant at the same address.
$150, 2 Defendants at 2 Different Address.
$225, 3 Defendants at 3 Different Address, etc…
$0.00, Protection From Abuse Order only,
$75, Summons to Appear for a Protection from Abuse Hearing (Not an Order)
Checks must be made payable to NCC Sheriff. For information on papers sent to New Castle County from jurisdictions outside the state of Delaware call 302-395-8464.
***AS OF 5/13/14 - Cash deposits are no longer acceptable for Sheriff sales of real estate*** Initial $5,000 deposit must be in the form of Cashiers Check/Certified Funds and balance of the deposit cannot be paid in cash.
Sheriff sales are court ordered actions and as such must be free of distraction. Solicitation of business or services in the Council Chambers is prohibited. Failure to comply with the rules will result in your being asked to leave the premises.
In order to register to bid, you must have:
-a valid driver’s license (or government issued ID)
-a $5,000.00 cashier’s check payable to Sheriff of NCC
-a personal/business checkbook with checks and proof you are eligible sign the checks. No starter checks. If you are registering as a Business or Organization you must have proof that you are associated with the entity (ie...copy of business license, copy of LLC documents, Articles of Incorporation, etc...)
The Attorney General’s office continues to work hard to bridge the gap of communication and resolutions between the servicers and homeowners who continue to struggle for help with retaining their mortgages. questions? call
Mortgage Hotline 1-800-220-5424